In April and May of 2005, The Mountain Goats toured the North American East in support of their then-recent album The Sunset Tree. The touring lineup was John Darnielle on vocals and acoustic guitar, and Peter Hughes on bass for all songs, and Erik Friedlander on cello and John Vanderslice on electric guitar on some songs.
Shearwater was the opening act for all shows, and occasionally joined the Mountain Goats to play a few songs during their set.
- 2005-04-26 - Redux Print Factory - Charleston, SC
- 2005-04-27 - The EARL - Atlanta, GA
- 2005-04-28 - Will's Pub - Orlando, FL
- 2005-04-29 - Cafe Eleven - St. Augustine, FL
- 2005-04-30 - Beta Bar - Tallahassee, FL
- 2005-05-02 - Cat's Cradle - Carrboro, NC
- 2005-05-03 - The Black Cat - Washington, D.C.
- 2005-05-04 - First Unitarian Church - Philadelphia, PA
- 2005-05-05 - Knitting Factory - New York, NY
- 2005-05-07 - Northsix - Brooklyn, NY
- 2005-05-08 - The Middle East - Cambridge, MA
- 2005-05-10 - La Sala Rossa - Montreal, Quebec
- 2005-05-11 - Lee's Palace - Toronto, Ontario
- 2005-05-12 - Kraftbrau Brewery - Kalamazoo, MI
- 2005-05-13 - Logan Square - Chicago, IL